GUALTA, AN AMAZING ENVIRONMENT IN THE EMPORDÀ. COSTA BRAVA, AN INCREDIBLE DESTINATION
Gualta has a remarkable historic past, particularly the remains of an Iberian village, the ancient castle, the village flour mill, as well as the medieval bridge at the entrance to the village.
In Gualta you must take into account that:
- The bells ring every hour and every quarter
- Birds and roosters sing from dawn
- Dogs bark
- Farmers drive slowly with their tractors for the paths and roads
The Empordà, is a unique place to enjoy the holidays, because the offer of activities and wonderful enclaves is impressive:
1. Gualta is located in the middle of "Empordanet", so called by the famous writer Josep Pla.
In the Empordà you could live a continuous contrast between nature and medieval towns, being two of them an UNESCO World Heritage towns: Peratallada and Pals.
Without forgetting the charm of Ullastret, Monells, Palau-Sator, Rupià, Sant Martí d'Empúries.
And it is an extraordinary place to be enjoyed throughout the year, because:
- Spring shines with all its splendour - the greens of the alfalfa and wheat, the yellow explosions of the flowering rape seed fields and the white of the apple blossom come together to make one of the country's most marvellous landscapes dazzle.
- In Autumn, the hustle and bustle of the local apple and olive harvest takes over the landscape.
- In Summer, there are the burgeoning fields, full of the fruit and vegetables so characteristic of the Mediterranean diet.
- In Winter, the contrast between the fields and the blue sky against the sparkling white snow of the far away Pyrenees is truly beautiful.
2. From a historical and cultural point of view, it is a very rich area, highlighting the legacy of the great Salvador Dalí. The Dalinian Triangle: in Figueres the Dalí Museum, in Púbol the Castell-Museum Gala Dalí and in Portlligat the House-Museum of Dalí.
But we find other museums of really great interest in the area such as: in La Bisbal d'Empordà the Museum of Ceramics; in Palafrugell, the Cork Museum and the Can Màrio Foundation; in Palamós, the Fishing Museum; in L'Escala the Salt and Anchovy Museum; in Girona, the Art Museum, the Treasure of the Cathedral, the Museum of the History of Girona, the Museum of Cinema, and the Archaeological Museum, Bonastruc Sa Porta (Museum of the history of the Jews in Girona).
3. From a standpoint of sports and active tourism, it has an huge and unlimited offer of activities:
- Aquatic activities at sea: diving, canoeing, boat tours, windsurfing, rappelling, fishing, kayaking on the river Ter in Colomers.
- On land: mountain bike routes, electric bikes or segway rutes, miniquads, tennis and paddle tennis, karting, horse riding, etc. (in Gualta: Ocitània)
Without forgetting the impressive golf offer: Pitch & Put Gualta, Empordà Golf Club, Serres de Pals, Golf de Pals and the best golf course in Spain and top 10 in Europe, PGA Catalunya Resort, at 50km.
It has a wonderful coastal routes: highlighting the Camí de Ronda (old foot path that runs along the coast of the Costa Brava), without relegating the towns of Tossa de Mar, S'Agaró, Palamós, Calella de Palafrugell, Tamariu, Llafranch, Begur and its coves, Cadaqués, etc.
The huge number of Natural Parks: Natural Park of Montgrí, Illes Medes and Baix Ter, Aiguamolls de l'Empordà, Serra de l'Albera, Cap de Creus, Natural Park of the Volcanic Zone of La Garrotxa.
5. Other highlights of the area are the multitude of existing family activities related to the products of the land: oil, apples, etc. (in Ventalló: Oli Ventalló, in Fontanilles: Mooma, etc.), the wine with the Denomination of Origin DO of Empordà wine.
6. Remarking also that it is close to two tourist highlighting cities such as Girona and above all Barcelona, so the tourist offer that is also wide and varied:
- Water Parks: Aquadiver in Platja d'Aro and Aquabrava in Roses.
- Shopping and leisure: La Roca Village and Gran Jonquera Outlet & shopping, Perelada Casino, Fira d'indians de Begur, Cantada d'havaneres of Calella de Palafrugell, Temps de flors de Girona, White Summer Festival of Serres de Pals, Fish auction at the Lonja de Palamós.
- Music Festivals: Gardens of Cap Roig to Calella de Palafrugell, International Festival of Porta Ferrada Sant Feliu de Guixols, Festival of Religious Music and the World of Girona, Castell de Perelada Festival.
- Health and well-being: Thermal mineral waters in Caldes de Malavella, Sant Hilari Sacalm or Viladrau.